Ready to Use Iodine & Selenium drench
What is I-SEL Boost?
I-SEL Boost is a ready to use mineral drench containing high levels of iodine and selenium specifically designed for use in sheep at the critical pre-tup and pre-lamb periods. It can also be used where animals have been grazing brassicas or in situations where an iodine / selenium deficiency has been diagnosed. I-SEL Boost also contains cobalt which is used by rumen bacteria to form Vitamin B12 and has been associated with stimulating the appetite.
What is in I-SEL Boost?
I-SEL Boost contains:
Iodine as Pure: 1.2%
Iodine as Potassium iodide: 4.8%
Selenium as Sodium selenate: 0.1%
Cobalt as Cobalt sulphate: 0.2%
Adult sheep (75kg)5ml
Supplies per 5ml dose:
Pre-tup: Give I-SEL Boost 2 – 6 weeks prior to the start of mating or combine with the vaccination program
Scanning: Give I-SEL Boost at scanning, just before sheep are put out onto crops
Pre-lamb: Give I-SEL Boost 2 – 6 weeks prior to lambing or as part of the vaccination/drenching program.
Do not exceed the stated dose and frequency. Do not use with any other iodine supplement without consulting a veterinarian. Do not give more than once per month.
Compatibility with drench: There has been limited work done on the mixing with anthelmintics, but from what work has been done, it seems to mix well with most combination drenches; but importantly try mixing a little I-SEL Boost with the anthelmintic you are using first to see how it mixes before mixing a large amount.
If the products mix well, we suggest a mix and go approach and agitate regularly.
HSNO Classification: 6.1D, 6.5B, 6.6B, 9.1C (ALL), 9.1C (C), 9.2C
Harmful if swallowed, inhaled and may cause an allergic skin reaction. Avoid contact with the skin and do not breathe the vapours. Wear protective clothing and gloves and use personal protective equipment as required. Do not eat, smoke or drink when using this product. Wash hands thoroughly after handling. Wash contaminated clothing before re-use.
If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash with plenty of soap and water. If swallowed, rinse mouth but no not induce vomiting. If inhaled, remove to fresh air. For further medical advice contact the National Poisons Centre 0800 POISON (0800 764766) or a doctor immediately, have container or label at hand.
Harmful to aquatic life with long lasting effects.Avoid release to the environment. Collect any spillage with an inert material and dispose in an approved facility.
Preferably dispose of product by use. Dispose of product and packaging at an approved landfill or approved facility. Triple rinse container, crush, puncture and bury in a suitable landfill.
HSNO Approval Number:
See www.epa.govt.nz for approval conditions
Available as 1 litre, 2.5 litre, 5 litre, 10 litre and 15 litre.